Frequently Asked Questions
Here are a few key differences between LED UV lamps, like SunUV, and traditional UV lamps:
- Lamp Life: LED UV lamps have a longer life - usually tens of thousands of hours! - and are more energy efficient than traditional UV lamps.
- Curing Efficiency: LED UV lamps have a targeted UV spectrum that gives you higher curing efficiency, shorter curing time, and may be safer for your skin than traditional single-wavelength UV lamps.
- Environmental Awareness: LED ultraviolet lamps are made without harmful substances such as mercury, and are more environmentally friendly than traditional ultraviolet lamps.
- Long Term Stability: The light intensity of LED UV lamps is stable and maintains brightness even after a long use time, while traditional UV lamps may dim and become less efficient.
- Start Up Time: LED UV lamps turn on and are ready to cure instantly, while traditional UV lamps need some warm-up time to reach maximum intensity.
- Safety: LED UV lamps do not produce ultraviolet radiation and volatile solvent - that's ozone - so they are safer to use.
- Size & Weight: LED UV lamps are smaller and lighter than traditional UV lamps, making them easy to carry and set up.
- Light Pollution: LED UV lamps produce limited light pollution thanks to their targeted band range, while traditional ultraviolet lamps may produce more harmful byproducts including stray light and ozone.
- Cost: With newer technology and upgraded materials, LED UV lamps are often more expensive than traditional UV lamps. The upfront cost should be considered with the long life of the LED UV lamps - your nails are worth the lifetime investment!
LED UV lamps provide many advantages for you and your nails:
- Fast Curing Time: LED lights can activate the photosynthesizer within 10-30 seconds, making nail polish dry and cure faster.
- Uniform Curing Effect: The LED light array is evenly distributed to ensure each part of the nail receives the same light intensity, avoiding the nail discoloration and blistering that can occur with traditional nail lamps.
- Energy Efficient: LED UV lamps consume less energy, do not require heat or warm-up time, and are made without harmful substances like mercury, making them safer and more environmentally friendly than traditional nail lamps.
- Long Life: The increased efficiency of LED lights means their lifetime can last up to tens of thousands of hours, while traditional nail lamps require routine and costly lamp replacements.
- Easy To Carry: The smaller, lighter design of LED UV lamps makes them easy to carry and set up, so they're easy to take between salons, from home to work, while traveling, and anywhere else.
LED UV lamps are designed to quickly cure your nail polish. Different types of nail polish have different photosynthesizers and curing times, so different approaches are needed for the best results. Always check with your nail polish and model of nail lamp to ensure the best results.
Here are a few tips for some common nail polishes:
- UV gel nail polish: Must be cured by ultraviolet light, usually with a wavelength of 365nm, and irradiated with ultraviolet light for 2-3 minutes.
- Ordinary gel nail polish: Can be cured with a UV or LED lamp, but the curing times may vary. Check the instructions for your specific brand before applying.
- Ordinary nail polish: No need to be cured by a nail lamp - just wait for it to dry naturally.
- Water-based nail polish: Also no need to be cured by a nail lamp - just wait for it to dry naturally.
The curing time of gel nail polish with an LED nail lamp is usually between 10 and 60 seconds, depending on the thickness of the nail, the brand and model, the brightness of the light, and the condition of the lamp.
The standard lifespan of UV LED nail lamps is usually tens of thousands of hours, so there is no need to worry about replacing the lamp beads. The lifespan may vary depending on the frequency of use and quality, but with proper use and maintenance your LED UV lamp should last for years.
Just in case, our products are covered by a one-year warranty. Please contact us with any questions.
Yes, many of our lamps come with a removable tray and are suitable for pedicures. Check out SUN1, SUN2C, SUN3 and SUN4S for more.
Each of our lamps come with an instruction manual. We recommend the following steps to achieve the perfect manicure or pedicure:
Make sure your nails are dry and clean before applying a thin layer of gel polish, following the instructions provided by the manufacturer. Avoid getting the polish on your cuticles or the skin surrounding your nails.
Set the timer on the lamp to the recommended time (usually 30s or 60s) based on the gel polish you're using.
The curing time may vary depending on the brand of gel polish you're using. Follow the manufacturer's instructions for the best results.
After curing, if your nails feel a little sticky, gently clean them with a mild cleanser or rubbing alcohol to remove any residue.
Yes! Our lamps are suitable for beginners, home nail enthusiasts, and professionals alike.
Yes! Each of our lamps have a 12 month warranty. Contact our dedicated Customer Support team to assist with any inquiries.
The LED beads can last for up to tens of thousands of hours, for many worry-free years of beautiful nails. The LED beads are built into the lamp and are not replaceable.
Our UV LED lamps can last for tens of thousands of hours, providing enough time for years of routine manicures. Make sure to properly use and maintain your lamp.
Our lamps are compact and lightweight making them easy to store. They can fit on a table or desk, or be stored in a cupboard when not in use.
It is important to keep your lamp clean to maintain its performance and extend its lifespan. We recommend these simple steps:
Unplug the lamp and allow it to cool down before cleaning.
Use a clean, dry microfiber cloth to wipe the surface of the lamp. Avoid using paper towels or rough cloths, as they can scratch the surface.
If the lamp has stubborn dirt or grime buildup, you can dampen the microfiber cloth with a small amount of water or a mild cleaning solution. Do not use harsh chemicals or solvents, as they can damage the lamp's surfac.
Gently wipe the surface of the lamp with the dampened cloth, being careful not to scratch or damage any components.
For hard-to-reach areas you can use a cotton swab to clean.
Once you have finished cleaning, use a dry microfiber cloth to remove any excess moisture.
Let the lamp dry completely before plugging it back in and using it again.
When using UV LED nail lights, please use these safety measures to protect your skin and ensure best results:
- Wear protective gloves or apply SPF 30+ protective cream - the UV range of LED nail lamps is lower than traditional UV bulbs, but protection is still smart.
- Control your exposure time and power settings to make sure your curing times are safe and effective.
- Only use your LED nail lamp on dry, stable surfaces and always check to make sure the wires and plugs are intact and ready to go.
- After use, unplug your lamp and store it in a dry, ventilated, and safe place between use.
- Review the specifications of your UV LED lamp and the recommendations from your polish manufacturer to ensure safety and the best results.
When used as directed, UV lamps are unlikely to damage your nails. We recommend keeping your hands and nails moisturized with your preferred nail and cuticle oil, and using high-quality gel polish that is compatible with your lamp.
It is normal for a UV LED nail lamp to feel warm or even hot during use, as UV light emits heat as a byproduct. The heat should be in a comfortable range and should not cause discomfort.
Yes, UV radiation can damage the skin. In daily life, the ultraviolet rays that people are usually exposed to are mainly divided into two types: UV-A and UV-B, both of which can cause skin damage and aging.
Most LED nail lamps use UV-LED light sources whose wavelength is closer to visible light than traditional UV lamps, so it does less damage to the skin.
However, if exposed to UV-LED for a long time there may still be a certain degree of damage to the skin, especially for those who already have skin problems or sensitive skin. Always pay attention to proper use times and take protective measures to avoid damaged skin.
Our white LED light is softer than the purple light because the spectral distribution is more uniform and does not contain too much blue light, which can have a dazzling effect.
The lighting can also be controlled by adjusting the brightness.